The THE BOMBAY ENGINEERING WORKS Fluid Bed Dryer has adopted new concept of GMP Regulation with improved performance (drying time is much less than the conventional model) minimum involvement of manual labour simplified maintainance and utilise modular construction techniques to provide flexible installation options.
The process unit is two piece made of SS-304/316 stainless steel. Through mixing of Dry powders, Agglomeration and Drying are carried out in one unit of THE BOMBAY ENGINEERING WORKS Fluid Bed Dryer. The salient feature of THE BOMBAY ENGINEERING WORKS Fluidised Bed Dryer are as follows. Process Unit
Bowl/ Pro Duct Container
- The process unit is two piece, made of stainless steel of SS-304 GRADE.
- All process contact parts are made of SS-304 grade.
- The finish employed externally will be all welds ground back and polished into the surrounding materials.
- All of the external surfaces of the Dryer and all non contact/sight parts will prepared with a uniform fine texture matt finish.
- All of the product contact surface (SS-304) are mirror finished.
- Particular attention has been paid to reduce any source of material Entrapment by mirror polishing flush all welds to create crevice free profiles both internally and externally.
- The expansion chamber containing the filter finger bags & dished end are made of single piece construction from SS-304/316 quality steel. Below that is the retarding chamber made out of S.S. 304 Retarding chamber is locked with the explosion chamber by means of clamps. The length of the retarding chamber is such designed , thereby providing extra large heat exchange are which exposed each and every particle or the charged batch in the Fluidized air resulting in instant drying.
- Specially designed base is provided for air vortex effect and to give added strength.
- A central drain is provided in the base to release wash water.
- Product bowl is a conical shaped manufactured form SS-304 grade stainless steel having stainless steel mesh support along with fine finish air mesh.
- The product container Trolley is of Tubular construction made form SS-304 pipe mounted on polypropylene castor wheel (2nos fixed & 2nos. Swivel for maneuverability ) which imparts rigidity to carry the product container with the charged load.
- The batch loading capacity is always higher in case of BOMBAY Fluid Bed dryer, because of better fluidisation by varying the frequent shaking of the finger bags. Shaking period vary depending on the nature of products.
A solid "D" shaped food type silicon rubber gasket is provided in the groove of the flanged joint (between the product container and the retarding chamber) to prevent any leakage of air with fines during operation. Uniform Lifting Of Container
Product container is lifted by specially designed arrangement with the help of one centrically fitted pneumatic cylinder which ensures uniform lifting throughout the periphery of the container which ultimately gives uniform upward pressure to the solid D shaped Rubber Gasket, thereby preventing any leakage during operation. Auto Shaking Device
Pneumatic cylinder is used for auto shaking device of the finger bags is mounted on the body and is fitted with a wire rope made out of S.S. 304 guided by pulleys thus rendering the shaking extermely efficient. It also brings down the finger bags to such a level that these can be inspected very easily form the bottom of the retarding chamber. If the shaking is not efficient , the particles will be retained in the finger bags and there will be no proper fluidisation resulting in formation of lumps in the products container.
Blower and filter with heating arrangement are housed in the rear chamber . They can also be housed the services zone to avoid sound pollution as well as to avoid interference of the maintenance people in the production zone. Blower
Centrifugal type blower fan with dynamically balanced impeller and backward curved blades.
All Stainless steel construction.
Direct coupled nonflameproof electric drive. Anti vibration mounting and independent sub-support frame. Air filter
Free standing unit constructed from aluminium anodised frame work (SS-304) with doubled skinned panels. All wall panels are cross based for added strength . Quick release panels provided for inspection and maintenance access.
The air intake section has a full face external flange for attachment of angle intact, or and extended inlet air duct.
Inlet system comprising of 20 Micron washable filter. followed by 5 micron prefilter, then pass through , heating coil section containing a full air duct steam operated heater battery, constructed with stainless steel tubes and headers and a steel casing (SS-304). The moving process air passes through the steam heater to achieve the desired temperature. to match the inlet to the processing unit.
PT 100 temperature sensing probe will be fitted into the air Transtion duct and will be connected upto the control panel. Explosion Vent
As per international practices the equipment is provided with a rapture disc as measures of explosion Vent, Tested at 2 Bar pressure, mounted on the side of the dryer. Electro Pneumatic Control Panel
A free stading steel control panel having the following controls.
Programme Logic Control System
- Inlet air temperature controller.
- Exhaust air temperature indicator
- Product bowl lifting & lowering valve.
- Process air Damper regulation
- Blower motor, start & stop.
- Compressed air pressure guages.
- Filter bag shaking timer
- solenoid valves etc.
Semi-automated and fully automated PLC and PLC/PC control system are available for selection at an appropriate level of additonal cost. (OPTION)