Fluid Bed Dryer/ Fluidized bed dryer:
|Model Name/Number||30 kgs, 60 kgs, 120 kgs, 200 kgs, 250 kgs, 300 kgs, 500 kgs|
|Batch Size||as per above model number|
|Voltage||415 volts 3 phase|
|Heater Load||18 kW|
|Blower Motor||5 Hp|
Fluidized bed dryer (also called fluid bed dryer) is a kind of equipment used extensively in the pharmaceutical industries to reduce the moisture content of pharmaceutical powder and granules Drying is yew much important for wet granules for compression into the tablet and for modifying the characteristics of viscous and sticky materials. Diving is commonly the It step in unit process before compression into tablet form and packaging. Principle:
Fluidized bed dryer is better known by name because hot air (gas) or ambient air is allowed to flow upward at high pressure through a perforated bottom of vessel containing bed of particulate solids or wet granules. The velocity of hitt air is more than the settling velocity of the granules/particles by which they remain suspended in stream of hot air. This condition is called fluidized state. The M1ot air surrounds eve, granule/particle and completely dr. Mem. Construction:
Two types of FBI) are available, vertical and horizontal which are made up of stainless steel or plastic. Vertical type is used for batch drying and horizontal is used for continuous drying A detachable vessel is placed at the bottom of dryer for loading and unloading of material. This vessel has perforated mesh through which hot air with high pressure is passed Bag filters are placed above the vessel for collection of dried material Working :
The material to be dried is placed in detachable vessel. bottom of the dryer. The air is introduced from below through the prefilter, which is heated by means of heaters installed therein. Simultaneously fan is also allowed to work. As the velocity of air is increased, the bed begins to expand and further increase causes turbulent motion of particles called fluidization.
T. granules/particles remain suspended in air stream. Later on, a state of pressure is reached at which frictional drag on the granules/particles is equal to the force of gravity. T. particles rise in stream of air due to high velocity of gas, this condition is called fluidised state. Bag filters:
These are placed above the diving vessel for the recovery of particles and dried material Various features of theses filter bags
Advantages of fluidized bed dryer:
- These are made of different types of material or fabrics- cotton, nylon, polyester, satin, polypropylene.
- These can bear high pressure of hot air or high flow rates
- Durable construction
- Good resistance to wear and abrasion
- These are available in different pm sizes, thickness, fabrics, permeability.
- Anti-static fabrics are also available.
- These are available in different sizes which can easily fit in equipment.
- Thermal efficiency is 2-8 times than tray drier
- It is available in different sizes haying drying capacity in range of 5- 250 kg/hour.
- Free flowing granules/Pafficff 5 are made.
- It can also be used for mixing the material with high efficiency.
- It can be used for both batch and continuous drying.
- Loading and unloading of material is yew easy due to detachable vessel
- Higher drying temperatures than tray and truck dryer.
- Tri level filtration using: 20 micron for Re Air filtration 5 micron for Secondary Air filtration 03 micron for Final Air filtration through NEPA
- Air Dehumidification on special demand.
- Inlet/ Outlet dampers have proportional control valve.
- Roportional control temp controller.
- Inlet/ Exhaust Location:Several alternatives to suit customer requirements.